I will purchase this soon, for sure. I have good expectations about it. It seems you've put some love and talent into it, I love games like this! ;)
Dumpster Diving Game
A downloadable game for Windows
In Dumpster Diving Game, you roam around the map dumpster diving stores and re-selling the items you found at a pawn shop. With the money earned, you can buy various things and upgrades, such as a guard dog that chases away police officers, cosmetic changes, and hunger upgrades. You can also spend your earnings on a bus ticket to take an interesting tour around the city! There are two obstacles in this game. The first is police officers who don't like dumpster divers. They will chase you down and try to take your items, fine you, and jail you. The second obstacle is hunger. Keep your hunger meter from hitting 0 by either eating food from food-dumpsters or by buying it from the store.
Throughout development I frequently made developer logs regarding this game; they are linked here.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Dumpster Diving Game DevLog #11 - Menu, Bugfixes, Tweaks, and MORE + DOWNLOAD52 days ago
- Dumpster Diving Game DevLog #10 - Bus, Trophies, What's left to do, My Work!? an...85 days ago
- Dumpster Diving Game DevLog #9 - Dog and Police Models/Animations, Shop Items, a...May 13, 2019
- Dumpster Diving Game DevLog #8 - Map Progress, Post-Processing FX, Lighting, and...Apr 17, 2019
- Dumpster Diving Game DevLog #7 - Rideable BUS and MAP Improvements!!Mar 31, 2019
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
When I read your description, I'm mainly wondering why do you do the dumpster diving. What is the ultimate goal?
While there isn't a definite 'end', the ultimate goal of the game is to fill up your journal (find all the items possible). This can vary though depending on the person; some might want to be a completionist and do that, where others may just want to simply dumpster dive and do the loop of selling finds and accumulating as much money as possible.
I dumpster dive IRL and as a game dev I kept thinking about ways I could make it into a video game (because in real life it certainly feels like a game haha) so that's what this project is, just a gamified version of what myself and other dumpster divers do.